A loyalty program in the Point of Sale can be setup to give customers special vouchers or free merchandise once they have earned sufficient points. Switch it on and each qualifying purchase earns points or accumulates monetary value towards a reward. Customer can either be added automatically or added manually to one or many programs. Two types of programs can be defined, a monetary based program where the customer(s) spend x amount to receive a reward of some kind, or a points based program where once the customer(s) have purchased the minimum number of a certain item, then they are entitled to free item on a future purchase.
- Two types of loyalty program: Monetary and Points based.
- Customers can be linked to multiple programs.
- Point of Sale notifies the operator when a customer has reached a reward.
- Points can accumulated from purchases over multiple locations.
- Rewards can be accumulated before being redeemed.
Creating a Loyalty Program
Creating a loyalty campaign is an easy process. On the reporting home page and select the Loyalty option. Select the "New Campaign" option and complete the details and press save. Your new campaign will appear in Loyalty Campaign Management. There are subtle differences in setting up a a "Points" based campaign and "Monetary" campaign.
- Name of Campaign: Name or Description to describe campaign.
- Start Date: Start Date (including) of campaign.
- End Date: End Date (excluding) of campaign
- Reward Level: Max Number of purchases of a item before a reward is reached for a "Points"based campaign.
- Money Reward Level: Monetary amount needed to be spent in total to receive a reward in a "Monetary" based campaign.
- Gain: Points multiplier (Points based Campaign). If set to 2, then customer will get double points.
- Input Pid: PID (Product Identification number) of product linked to this campaign. Product which customer purchases to build up points in a points based campaign.
- Output Pid: PID (Product Identification number) of the reward product linked to this campaign. Product which customer receives once they reach the reward level on a points based campaign.
- Membership Type: Choose whether All Customers or Individual customers are linked.
- Active Days: A customer that does not perform a transaction in the last N days is to be considered InActive. This only affects reporting.
Loyalty Campaign Management
Maintaining a program or multiple programs is done by selecting the "View Full Detail" option listed against each or your listed programs. This option takes you into the "Campaign Detail" area for the selected program. From here you can do the following:
- Maintain which customers are linked to the selected program.
- Check on current reward levels and outstanding rewards by customer.
- Add or remove customers for a selected program.
- Edit a customers current reward points or money depending upon the program in question.
- "Edit Config" option allows you to edit the configuration details that you entered when you created an individual campaign.
Loyalty Campaign Detail
Lists "All Members", "Active Members", "Stagnant Members", "Non Active Members" and "Non Members" of the selected program under individual tabs. Selecting a tab will display a list of customers and customer related loyalty information. The graphs located on the right display general details about this selected program. The loyalty infomation displayed can be saved into Excel supported format.
Members of the loyalty program are displayed on several tabs depending on their current status