This page relates to the following products/programs: PosGreen, RetailMaxWin
This screen is used to create and edit customer records stored in the pos system. The screen changes according to system configuration and other factors.
Not all customer attributes can be editted using this screen.
- Name: Customers full name, used on receipts and on selling screens, and reporting.
- Lastname: Customers lastname, used on receipts, reporting. Maximum number of characters is usually 32.
- Firstname: Customers first name, used on receipts, reporting. Maximum number of characters is usually 32.
- Address 1: Customer street address 1. Can be used on receipts reports etc.
- Address 2: Customer street address 2. Can be used on receipts reports etc.
- Address 3:Customer street address 3. Can be used on receipts reports etc.
- City: Name of city customer resides in. Can be used on receipts reports etc.
- Postcode: Postal code of customers address above. Can be used on receipts reports etc.
- Phone: Customer contact phone number. Can be used on receipts reports etc.
- Mobile: Customer mobile phone number. Can be used on receipts reports etc.
- Fax: Customer fax number. Can be used on receipts reports etc.
- Email: Customer email address. Customers primary contact email address.
- Birthday: Optional field to store customers birthday.
- Contact Comment: Optional contact comment for customer. eg Best time to call, requires order number etc
- Keywords: Optional field used for adding keywords against the customer record.
- Company Name: Optional field that can be used to record a company name for this customer. Useful as an additional search field if you have multiple customers from one company or linked under one account. can be used on receipts etc.
- Account Name: This allows the customer to be linked to a previously defined account in the pos system. You can only link the customer to an account once. You cannot change the acount name once one is selected. The pos system allows many customewrs to be linked to one account.
- Price Band: This allows you to link the customer to a predefined priceband.
- Floor_limit: The maximum amount in $$ that this customer can purchase in one sale. eg If this is set to 500.00, then this customer could only spend up to a maximum of $500.00 in one transaction..
- Email Sale Receipts: Select this option if you wish to email a copy of a sale receipt at time of sale. (Requires you POS System to be configured to send emails)
- Do Not Use: Select this option if you do not wnat this customer record to be used anymore. eg customer has moved away and no longer makes purchases from the system.
- Deleted: Select this option if you wish to make this customer record deleted in the system.
- In a distributed environment with multiple stores, some stores may be configured to allow the addition of a new customer to the pos for selected fields only. Addtional fields may or may not be visible depending upon the setup and configuration.
Programming and Setup
- The typical PosCommand to access this screen is lookup(customers,u_mycustomers,key:cid,enable:new:edit)
- This screen is dynamically constructed and a range of advanced settings can be used to alter screen creation parameters.