Documentation Home |
Product Edit/Create Screen
This page relates to the following products/programs: PosGreen, RetailMaxWin, Fpos
Example product edit screen - your site may vary
This screen is used to create and edit product definitions. The screen changes according to system
configuration and other factors.
Not all product attributes can be editted using this screen. Some fields such as eCommerce definition
fields are only available using the browser based product edit screen
- Description: Product description,
used on receipts and on selling screen, and reporting. Maximum number of
characters = 50.
- Shortname: Shortname for product
description, used on receipts, reporting. Maximum number of characters =
- Unitprice: Products normal sell price.
- Pricing Measurement: This
is the typical price per unit the customer relates to. Please read the
following for further information on this: Measurements – setting
measurements against products.doc
- Measurement Unit: The measuring unit defines the
smallest quantity of an item you measure.
- Display Measurement: The
display measurement or the measurement displayed to the customer,
generally the same as the pricing measurement.
- Department: Department this product is defined under, selectable drop down list
of departments defined inn the departments table.
- Supplier: Supplier this product is purchased from, selectable drop down list
of suppliers defined in the suppliers table.
- Plucode: Plucode for this
product. Typically a short numeric or alphanumeric code. Plucode must be unique;
you cannot use the same plucode for more than 1 product. You cannot start
a plucode with 0 in most configurations. Plu codes must not include punctuation or spaces.
- Trade Price: Optional price field. If a
customer has been setup with this pricing band and a price is entered into
this field then the pos will sell the item for the trade price if the a
customer is linked to the current sale.
- Do not Sell: Optional sell flag. If enabled against a product, the the product
is now un-sellable in most situations.
- No Delete: Optional sell flag; if enabled against a
product, then the product cannot be deleted from a sale once added.
- No lookup processing: Optional sell flag, if enabled,
the product cannot be sold from a product lookup screen and must be sold via barcode scanning, plu entry or other means.
Often used for products that invoke special scripts such as tickets, vouchers, prepay etc.
- QOH zero: Optional sell flag. Stands for Quantity on hand – zero, if enabled
the pos will not display a positive or negative stock level for selected
- Hidden: Optional sell flag, if
enabled, the product is hidden from the user in the lookup screen, unless
they tick the show hidden entries option in product lookup screen.
- Writeoff Returns: Optional sell flag, if enabled, and returned product as this option
the pos will write off the item automatically. It cannot be placed back
into stock. Example, fresh food
- Prompt Serial No: Optional sell flag, if enabled, then the
pos will prompt user for serial number if a product with this attribute is
- Variant/Issue: Advanced flag (requires system configuration for full implementation). Marks that this particular product is
issue based item, such as magazines and that you wish to track stock levels for issues individually. Issue numbers are often seen as the add-on to barcodes.
- Must Print Receipt: Optional sell flag. If this product is present in a sale then a receipt must be printed
- Ingredient: Optional sell flag, used
in cafes, restaurants etc. Used by special configurations only
- No Discount: Optional sell flag, if enabled then
product cannot be discounted using discount button.
- Exclude from Reports: Optional sell flag. Retired. This flag used to allow products to not be shown in reports, however this has been retired
as it generated more problems than it solved.
- Exclude from loyalty: Optional sell flag, This product is not to be counted towards loyalty programs. Sometimes used on products that
have very low margins or are being sold on behalf of others.
- Prompt Employee: Optional sell flag, requires additional configuration. Causes the system to prompt a relevant employee name
to connect to this saleline. This might be used to record who provided service to an item. There are no reports available based around employee
prompting - it is only used by external reporting systems.
- Deleted: Optional sell flag. Indicates that this product is essentially deleted from the system and should not be used or seen, unless required.
The POS system is typically required to display transactions for 10-15 years (taxation requirements) so items cannot be deleted and affect historic records
- Track each item: Optional sell flag, requires additional configuration. Indicates that each item of this product is uniquely identified in some manner
and each stock item is to be recorded and tracked by itself.
- Prompt Price: Optional sell flag. Always prompt user to enter the price for this product.
Band 10% off: Optional price flag. If a customer has been setup with this pricing
band and a price is entered into this field then the pos will sell the
item for the trade price if the a customer is linked to the current sale.
- Reordermax: This is the maximum quantity you wish to order if you are using the
auto-generate purchase order feature. The system will order the difference
between what you have on hand and this quantity.
Both of the reorder fields on this screen relate to a generic or default level, multiple store configurations
are able to set reorder levels for each store/product combination
- Reoderlevel: This is the minimum
quantity for the product before you wish to order the product again.
Programming and Setup
- The typical PosCommand to access this screen is lookup(products,u_myproducts,key:pid,enable:new:edit)
- This screen is dynamically constructed and a range of advanced settings can be used to alter screen creation parameters.